Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Cry For You on the Kitchen Floor

Often music legends die and you can see millions of people crying for them. Until today, I didn't. No, I didn't shed a tear for M.J. and though I was close, I didn't cry for Lhassa. I may have cried for Janis Joplin or for the assassination of  John Lennon, but I wasn't around that time.

Ünlü bir müzisyen öldüğünde, onun için ağlayan milyonlarca hayranı olur. Ben ise bugüne kadar kimse için ağlamadım. Hayır, M.J. için bile ağlamadım, Lhassa'yı duyduğumda boğazım düğümlendi ama o kadar. Eminim ki Janis Joplin ya da John Lennon için ağlayabilirdim ama o zamanlar daha dünyada mevcut değildim.

Today is the first day I cried for a celebrity's death (I even didn't cry for Princess Di), Amy Winehouse was a great musician with a haunting voice and was a regular guest on my blog. But she was a troubled soul, for that I feel good for her and hope she'll find the peace she missed wherever she went. R.I.P. Amy Winehouse, you will be missed and the world probably will not hear a voice like you...

Bugün ilk defa bir ünlünün ölümüne ağlıyorum (düşünün Prenses Diana'ya bile ağlamadım, ki daha çocuktum). Amy Winehouse akla zarar bir ses ve tarza sahip büyük bir müzisyendi ve yıllardır en severek dinlediğim ve bu bloga da sık sık yazdığım bir isimdi. Ama o sorunlu bir ruha sahipti ve bu yüzden onun için üzülmek yerine, sonunda aradığı huzuru bulduğunu umuyorum. Huzur içinde yat Amy ve şunu bil ki bu dünyaya senin gibi bir müzisyen bir daha kolay kolay gelmez...





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails